To perform at the Level B2 (partly) of the Common European Framework of Reference
for Languages (independent user).
The students should be partly able to:
1. globally understand the main ideas of complex text on both concrete and abstract
topics, including technical discussions in his/her field of specialisation
2. interact with a degree of fluency and spontaneity that makes regular interaction
with francophone native speakers quite possible without strain for either party.
3. understand detailed text on a wide range of subjects and explain a viewpoint on a
topical issue giving the advantages and disadvantages of various options.
4. develop linguistic, sociolinguistic and pragmatic competences necessary to achieve
different communicative tasks (level B2 of the Common European Framework of
5. acquire knowledge about Francophone cultures for an awareness of interculturality.
Âzar Babasafari Renani, Cristina Clemente Monteiro
Weekly - 4
Total - 168
Abbadie,C. et alii (2008), Lexpression française écrite et orale. Grenoble : PUG.
Avanzi, A. et alii (2016). Entre Nous 4. Paris : Ed. Maison des Langues. (unidades 1 a 4)
Boularès, M. et alii (2019) Grammaire progressive du français. Paris : CLE International
Maingueneau, D. (2000). Eléments de linguistique pour le texte littéraire. Paris :
Atividades diversas provenientes dos sítios TV5 (http://www.tv5.org/cms/chaine-
francophone/lf/p-26292-Langue-francaise.htm) e RFI
Communicative method (with action-oriented approach) seeking to stimulate
interaction and engender increasingly autonomous learning.
Intercultural approach which raises the student’s awareness of cultural diversity.
Carrying out tasks which draw on communicative competences.
Frequent use of the ICT.
In class teaching
Método de avaliação - 1 oral presentation(15%), 2 written tests(60%), active participation during classes and homework(25%)
The several topics approached during classes are centered around health and food,
conflicts and differences between generations, inequalities and discrimination and the
course presents activities such as :
1. Understanding and listening assignments from audio and video recordings.
2. Writing : argumentative texts, translation of short articles published in the
Portuguese press and referring to matters of society.
3. Reading : study of short stories as well as parts of novels from the 19th, 20th and
21th. century in French literature. We will do so by setting up lexical fields, syntax and
cultural elements in order to lay the foundations of our interpretations.
4. Various activities for the strengthening of grammar and vocabulary necessary to
achieve different communicative tasks, such as nominalization, indirect speech,
comparatives, passiv, past participle accord, negation and restriction and also add
complex relative pronouns, future perfect.