To perform at level A2 of the Common European Framework of Reference for
Languages (basic user).
The students should be fully able to:
1. understand sentences and frequently used expressions related to areas of most
immediate relevance (e.g.: basic personal and family information, shopping, local
2. communicate in simple and routine tasks requiring a simple and direct exchange of
information on familiar and routine matters.
3. describe in simple terms aspects of their background, immediate environment and
matters in areas of most immediate needs.
4. consolidate linguistic, sociolinguistic and pragmatic competences necessary to
achieve different communicative tasks (level A2 of the Common European Framework
5. acquire knowledge about Francophone cultures for an awareness of interculturality.
Âzar Babasafari Renani, Cristina Clemente Monteiro
Weekly - 4
Total - 168
BIRAS, P. et alii (2018). Défi 2, niveau A2. Paris: EMDL.
CAQUINEAU-GÜNDÜZ, M.-P. (2005). Les exercices de grammaire, niveau A2. Paris:
SIREJOIS, E. (2015). Communication en dialogues, niveau intermédiaire (A2/B1). Paris:
Communicative method (with action-oriented approach) seeking to stimulate
interaction and engender increasingly autonomous learning.
Intercultural approach which raises the student’s awareness of cultural diversity
carrying out tasks which draw on communicative competences.
Frequent use of the ICT
In class teaching
Métodos de Avaliação - 2 written tests (60%) + 1 oral presentation (20%)(80%), active participation during classes (10%) + homework (10%)(20%)
The course resolves around various topics (educational system, working organization,
architecture, travels) and presents :
1. listening and reading activities from authentic documents (short newspaper articles,
short TV reports, audio and video recordings, etc.).
2. oral interaction activities : simulation of authentic oral communication situations.
3. speaking and writing activities, especially descriptive, narrative and dialogical texts.
4. various activities for the acquisition and strengthening of grammar and vocabulary
necessary to achieve different communicative tasks (verb tenses imparfait, futur
simple and conditionnel présent, expression of wish, condition and duration, indirect speech)
Programs where the course is taught: