To perform at the Level C1 of the Common European Framework of Reference for
Languages (proficient user).
The students should be fully able to:
1. deepen his understanding of a wide range of long and complex documents- written
and oral – of different discursive types.
2. decode the implicit references contained in various documents.
3. produce orally complex messages effectively.
4. efficiently produce argues written texts, specially academic ones.
5. consolidate linguistic, sociolinguistic and pragmatic competences necessary to
achieve different communicative tasks (level C1 of the Common European Framework
6. acquire knowledge about Francophone cultures for an awareness of interculturality.
Âzar Babasafari Renani
Weekly - 4
Total - 168
CAUSA, M. et alii (2009). Production écrite NIVEAUX C1 / C2 du Cadre européen de
référence. Paris: Didier
KAFKA, F. (2002). Lettre au père. Paris: Folio
NOTHOMB, A. (1999). Stupeur et tremblements. Paris: Albin Michel
PEREC, G. (1969). La disparition. Paris: Folio
QUENEAU, R. (1947). Exercices de style. Paris: Gallimard.
SARTRE, J.-P. (1972). Huis clos. Paris: Folio
Communicative method (with action-oriented approach) seeking to stimulate
interaction and promote increasingly autonomous learning.
Intercultural approach which broadens the student’s awareness of cultural diversity.
Carrying out tasks which draw on communicative competences.
Frequent use of the ICT.
In class teaching
Método de avaliação - 2 written tests(50%), homework / class participation(20%), oral presentation(30%)
1. Oral comprehension and production activities: taking notes, rephrasing and writing
abstracts from audio documents related to cultural and literary events like «thé ou
café», «un livre un jour», «La grande librairie»,taking part in debates and doing
presentations about current social issues.
2. Written comprehension activities: text configurations of how the reader is lead
throughout the story; semantic fields.
3. Written production activities: a) argumentative text: text commentaries and essays
as academic models culturally situated; b) narrative text: recent literary texts by french
speaking authors; rhetorical devices and stylistic use of syntax.
4. topics covered: immigration, France and french speaking communities in Europe and
the World, literature and media, implicit cultural scripts.
Grammar/Lexis: syntax, punctuation, collocations.