Contemporary English Culture
Miguel Nuno Mercês de Mello de Alarcão e Silva
Weekly - 4
Total - 168
- EAGLETON, Terry (2000), The Idea of Culture. Oxford: Blackwell.
- HIGGINS, Michael, Clarissa Smith e John Storey (eds.) (2010), The
Cambridge Companion to Modern British Culture. Cambridge: Cambridge
- MULHERN, Francis (2001), Culture/Metaculture. London and New York:
Routledge, “The New Critical Idiom”.
- STORRY, Mike e Peter Childs, eds. (2017), British Cultural Identities. London:
- TURNER, Graeme (1996), British Cultural Studies. An Introduction. London
and New York: Routledge.
This course consists of lectures and oral presentations, a short period (10-15
mins.) being set aside, at the end of each session, for questions, comments and
debate. The lecturer will try to help and guide students through their research by
suggesting and providing additional references for further reading.
Método de avaliação - Oral presentations (individual or in groups) on any relevant theme/topic)(100%)