Mathematical Analysis IV B
The program deals with the study of first and second order differential equations, system of differential equations and partial differential equations. Some related topics will be studied in the end.
António Patrício Alexandre
Weekly - 4
Total - 70
- Linear Algebra and Mathematical Analysis I, II, III.
- Notes by Professor FÀBIO CHALUB made available at: https://sites.google.com/site/fabiochalub/teaching
- M. BRAUN, Differential Equations and Their Applications. Springer-Verlag.
- R. DIPRIMA & W.E. BOYCE, Elementary Differential Equations and Boundary Value Problems. John Wiley & Sons.
- D.G. ZILL, Equações Diferenciais com Aplicações em Modelagem. Pioneira Thomson Learning.
- E. KREYSZIG, Advanced Engineering Mathematics. John Wiley & Sons.
- F. BRAUER & J.A. NOHEL, Introduction to Differential Equations with Applications. Harper & Row, Publishers.
- N.H. ASMAR, Partial Differential Equations with Fourier Series and Boundary Value Problems. Pearson Prentice Hall.
- G. BIRKHOFF & GIAN-CARLO ROTA, Ordinary Differential Equations. John Wiley & Sons.
- T.G. FEEMAN, The Mathematics of Medical Imaging: A Beginner''''s Guide. Springer-Verlag.
General (3hs/week) and exercises (1hs/week) class. Homework and examples will be solved in exercises class.
- Students must attend, at least, all problem-solving sessions, with the possible exception of one third.
- The evaluations consists in two tests. If the grade of the second test is equal or superior to seven, then the final classification is the unweighted average of the two tests, rounded to the near integer (n.5 is rounded to n+1).
- For students that fail in the evaluation, there is a final exam.
(More detailed rules are available in the Portuguese version.)