Selected Topics in Telecommunications
The objectives of this unit are focused on learning specialized topics in various areas of telecommunications, from the physical level to the upper layers (MAC, network, etc.).
Paulo da Costa Luís da Fonseca Pinto, Rodolfo Alexandre Duarte Oliveira
Weekly - 4
Total - 114
The number of students enrolled in this course is limited. The ranking of the students to be admitted in the couse is composed by two metrics:
1. The number of courses successfully attended by the students in Telecommunications (from the ones taught in the 4th and 5th year);
2. For each group of students with the same number of attended courses in the previous point, the tie-breaker is based on the arithmetic mean of the grades achieved in the courses.
Specific papers in several areas, depending on the selected topic.
This UC will take place on a tutorial basis. The insctructors involved in the course will carry out a study plan related to the topic to be developed by the student. During the semester, the student will be accompanied by theinstructor in order to consolidate the points covered during the study.
Two presentations evaluated by the members of the Telecommunications Section
- New advances on physical layer;
- New advances on MAC sublayer;
- New advances on Network layer;
- New advances on upper layers (transport, application);
Programs where the course is taught: