At the end of this course the student will have acquired knowledge, skills and competencies that allow:
1. Designing and calculate water distribution (supply) and drainage systems;
2. Identify the most common materials in these specialties and apply them to specific cases;
3. Design and calculate water and sewage boosters;
4. Identify the main fire fighting equipment supplied by water.
Ana Cristina Ramos de Freitas, Maria Paulina Santos Forte Faria Rodrigues
Weekly - 4
Total - Available soon
It is advisable frequency in Urban Hydraulics.
PEDROSO, Vítor - Manual dos sistemas prediais de distribuição e drenagem de águas. Lisboa, LNEC, 2000.
PEDROSO, Vítor – Tecnologia das tubagens de polietileno reticulado para sistemas prediais de distribuição de água. Lisboa, LNEC, 2004. Informação Técnica de Edifícios ITE 49.
PEDROSO, Vítor – Tecnologia das tubagens de aço inox para sistemas prediais de distribuição de água. Lisboa, LNEC, 2002 - ITE 47.
PEDROSO, Vítor – Patologia das instalações prediais de distribuição de águas. Lisboa, LNEC, 1998. COM 8.
PEDROSO, Vítor – Instalações elevatórias e sobrepressoras de água para edifícios. Lisboa, LNEC, 1996 - ITE 42.
PEDROSO, Vítor – Regras de dimensionamento dos sistemas prediais de distribuição de água e de drenagem de águas residuais domésticas e pluviais. Lisboa, LNEC, 1991 - ITE 31.
Ver Documentos de Apoio - Acetatos.
- Theoretical and practical classes with projection of transparencies;
- Practical examples.
CURRICULAR UNIT OF BUILDING INSTALLATIONS
PROJECT + THEORETICAL AND PRACTICAL EVALUATION
In any test, Students must take into account the provisions of paragraph 3 of article 10 of the Evaluation Rules of FCT NOVA: “When fraud or plagiarism is proven, in any of the evaluation elements of a UC, students students directly involved are outright disapproved at UC, (…) ”.
- 2 Group Works (25% / each) - Elaboration of two Projects of a Building, one referring to the Building Water Installations System and the other to Residual Water (Domestic and Rainwater). Groups can have a maximum of 4 students. For the elaboration of each of the projects, it is mandatory to follow a work (to be chosen by the students), which is in the installation phase of the network system, and presentation of the Reports of the Visits. Oral discussion of the works can be contemplated.
PRACTICAL THEORETICAL EVALUATION
- 2 tests (50% of the final grade, worth 25% / each). The average of both tests must be at least 9.5 values;
- For students who do not obtain approval to the Chair through the tests or want to make improvements, there will be 1 Examination on all subjects that will be worth 50% of the final grade, with a minimum grade of 9.5. The remaining 50% refer to group work carried out in continuous assessment, most of them in person in practical classes.
- Mandatory attendance in at least 2/3 of the theoretical and practical classes.
DEADLINE FOR DELIVERY OF GROUP WORKS
- Work 1 - 15-11-2021, until 11.00 am
- Work 2 - 10-01-2022, until 11.00 am
- 1st Test - 30-11-2021, in the theoretical class
- 2nd Test - 15-01-2022
Standards and Regulations aspects.
Building Installation of Water:
1. Supply Systems
2. Reservoirs for water
3. Water consumption
4. Design of systems and levels of comfort
5. Instantaneous flow rates and flow calculation
6. Dimensional characteristics and drainage networks
7. Verification of the pressure conditions
Building Installations Wastewater:
3. Comfort levels
4. Discharge flow rates and flow calculation
5. Determination of dimensional characteristics and drainage networks
Systems firefighting with water:
1. Characterization of different systems (networks of armed fire, sprinklers networks and water curtains)
2. Determination of dimensional characteristics and drainage networks
1. Elevation for reservoir
2. Pressure elevation with direct pumping
3. Hydropneumatic systems
For more informatio see supporting documents - Acetates.
Programs where the course is taught: