José Luís Toivola Câmara Leme
Weekly - Available soon
Total - Available soon
- Bauman, Zygmunt. Globalization: The Human Consequences. Polity Press, 1998.
- Beck, Ulrich. Risk Society: Towards a New Modernity. Sage Publications, 1992.
- Castells, Manuel. The Rise of the Network Society (3 vols). Wiley-Blackwell, 2009.
- Held, David; McGrew, Anthony. Globalization Theory: Approaches and Controversies. Polity Press, 2007.
- Sassen, Saskia, Territory, Authority, Rights: From Medieval to Global Assemblages.Princeton University Press, 2008.
- Stephen E. Toulmin. Cosmopolis. The Hidden Agenda of Modernity. The University of Chicago Press, 1990.
- Wolf, Martin. Why Globalization Works. Yale University Press, 2005.
Our teaching method are diversified and include:
- discussion, debate and critical analysis of texts, documents and multimedia sources
- research on and systematization of scientific and disciplinary bibliography.
Presentation and oral discussion of a work about one of the program topics; elaboration of a written work on the same theme; participation in classes.
Programs where the course is taught: