Armando Manuel Sequeira Nunes Antão, Maria Teresa Teles Grilo Santana
Weekly - 5
Total - 79
|- Folhas da disciplina Mecânica dos Solos, FCT, UNL, 2017.|
Classes are essentially theoretical-practical. In each class, the theoretical concepts necessary for the resolution and discussion of practical problems are explained. Some of these problems are solved with the explanation of their solution, others will be selected for the students to solve during classes, encouraging a formative work in searching solutions, in dialogue with the teacher. Other exercices will be the subject of homework, constituting an autonomous study.
The laboratory classes intend to complement the learning of the subjects: Proctor and edometric.
Avaliação (em construção)
1. Basic properties of soils: basic concepts; soil model for physical concepts.
2. Compaction of soils: fundamental concepts; compaction curves; water in compaction; laboratory and field compaction; experimental landfills.
3. Vertical geostatic stresses; principle of effective stresses; earth pressure and coefficient at rest; stratified soils.
4. Seepage in porous media; Bernoulli equation; Darcy''s law; coefficient of permeability; equivalent coefficient of permeability in stratified media; stresses in soils under seepage; bi-dimensional seepage.
5. Soil compressibility; drained and undrained behavior; edometer test; settlement calculation; time-dependent behavior; Terzaghi''s theory of consolidation.
6. Deformability and strength of soils; laboratory tests; behavior under isotropic and oedometer loading; critical state; peak states; critical state models; undrained shear strength; triaxial tests.
Programs where the course is taught: