1. Knowledge: a) Base concepts of collaborative networks. b) General knowledge about support technologies. c) Analysis of requirements.
2. Know-how: a) Capacity to integrate multi-disciplinary knowledge. b) Capacity to deal with complex and evolving problems. c) Capacity to solve problems in new contexts.
3. Non-technical competencies: a) Pro-activity capacity. b) Capacity of realization. c) Team work and communication skills. d) Synthesis and critical analysis skills.
Luís Manuel Camarinha de Matos
Weekly - 4
Total - 59
Basic knowledge of programming.
- Course notes (slides) - L. M. Camarinha Matos
- INFRASTRUCTURES FOR VIRTUAL ENTERPRISES: Networking industrial enterprises, L. M. Camarinha-Matos, H. Afsarmanesh (Editores), Kluwer Academic Publishers.
- Virtual Organizations: Systems and Practices, L. M. Camarinha-Matos, H. Afsarmanesh, M. Ollus, Springer.
- The Agile Virtual Enterprise: Cases, Metrics, Tools, H. T. Goranson, Quorum Books.
- Collaborative Networks: Reference Modeling, L.M. Camarinha-Matos, H. Afsarmanesh, Springer.
- Selected papers.
Main classes: Presentations followed by examples and discussion
Lab work classes: For each lab work: Presentation of the Lab work Requirements, tutorial for the technologies / tools that will be used, discussion of the working method, lab work execution made by the students and followed by the professor and creation of a final report.
It is worth to notice that the students are organized in groups of 2, 3 or 4 students for each group and that each group is asked to “produce” one “piece of a common puzzle” – an integrated system that is the support infrastructure for a Collaborative Network to work smoothly. At the end, the various components are integrated into one system.
1 Test + mini-quizzes - 50%
3 Lab works - 50% (15%, 25%, 10%)
2. BASE CONCEPTS AND APPLICATIONS
3.ORGANIZATIONAL FORMS OF COLLABORATIVE NETWORKS
4. INFRASTRUCTURES FOR COLLABORATIVE NETWORKS
5. SAFE COMMUNICATIONS
6. VE BREEDING ENVIRONMENTS
7. CREATION OF VE
8. MANAGEMENT OF VE
9. INTERACTION WITH CUSTOMERS
10. E-COMMERCE AND E-MARKETS
11. REFERENCE MODELS
12. ADVANCED TOPICS IN COLLABORATIVE NETWORKS