Master's in Law and Security
The course aims to give specialized training on security matters , but a multidisciplinary integrated optics.
It has a duration of 4 semesters. The 1st and 2nd semesters, with success, lead to Postgraduate Studies Diploma and confer the title of Auditor in Homeland Security - Portaria No. 326/2008 of 28 April (old Advanced Studies in Law and Security).
The 3rd and 4th semesters are destined to the Master's Thesis preparation and lead to the degree of Master of Law and Security.
Master (2nd Cycle)
Master Degree in Law and Security
Access to other programs
Access to the PhD Program
Jorge Bacelar Gouveia, Armando Marques Guedes, Sofia Santos
- Annual fee of the curricular phase: 3,900.00€
- Non-curricular phase (dissertation), one year: 1,000.00€
- Students whose final average admission to this Master is equal to or higher than 17 points (on a scale 0/20) benefit from a 50% discount on the total amount of the tuition fee, which cannot be combined with other discounts;
- Students whose final average admission to this Master is equal to or higher than 16 points (on a scale 0/20) benefit from a 30% discount on the total amount of the tuition fee, which cannot be combined with other discounts;
- Three merit scholarships will be granted in the non-curricular semester (in either the master's or specialization area): one corresponding to the total of the tuition fee, which will be awarded to the best grade in the curricular phase, and the other two merit scholarships will be granted to the second and third best classifications, which will receive a reduction of 50% of the tuition fee. To assess the best classifications in the curricular phase, only the classifications obtained in the NOVA School of Law will be taken into account. This scholarship assumes the conclusion of the curricular phase is within the stipulated time limit.
ALUMNI DISCOUNT: 10%
FINANCIAL DISCOUNT: Students who choose to pay tuition fees in a single initial payment receive a 5% discount.
CURRENT PROTOCOL DISCOUNTS: Discount of 25%, which cannot be combined with other discounts, for members of:
- Association of Portuguese Judges and the Trade Union;
- Association of Public Prosecution Service Magistrates.
This course is taught after working hours.
Conditions of admittance
Candidates who have completed a bachelor's degree or equivalent.
O Mestrado tem a duração de 4 semestres. O 1º e o 2º semestres, com aproveitamento, conduzem ao Diploma de Estudos Pós-Graduados e conferem o título de Auditor em Segurança Interna - Portaria n.º 326/2008, de 28 de abril (antigos Estudos Avançados em Direito e Segurança).
O 3º e o 4º Semestres destinam-se à elaboração da Dissertação de Mestrado e conduzem à obtenção do grau de Mestre em Direito e Segurança.
Os inscritos com pelo menos 80% de frequência em cada uma das seis unidades curriculares do Curso são avaliados pela apresentação de dois trabalhos de investigação inéditos sobre temas de duas unidades curriculares e pela realização de exames escritos correspondentes à matéria das restantes quatro unidades curriculares.
|1º ano - 1º Semestre|
|1º ano - 2º Semestre|