Master's in Law and Financial Markets
This course aims to:
a) Sedimentary and deepen the basic legal knowledge acquired in the degree, particularly in areas with a closer link to markets and investments;
b) To encourage a critical and interdisciplinary approach to knowledge, providing the acquisition of own knowledge base of other branches of knowledge, in order to give the lawyer the tools necessary to understand the key products and financial instruments and the quantification of activity and management risks, increasing its capacity to integrate knowledge, handle complex issues, develop solutions and make judgments on limited or incomplete information situations;
c) Preparation for professional life by facilitating their approach to the way we think and act in financial markets and increasing the ability to understand and solve problems in new and unfamiliar situations.
Master (2nd Cycle)
Access to other programs
Access to the PhD Program
Margarida Lima Rego (FDUNL), Joana Farrajota (FDUNL), Fernando Bação (NOVA IMS) e Jorge Bravo (NOVA IMS).
Applications from students who prove they will be able to complete their bachelor’s degree(licenciatura) by September will be accepted.
Submission of applications: from 1 to 26 February
Announcement of application results: 30 March
Submission of appeal against results: from 30 March to 05 April
Enrolment: from 06 to 12 April
Submission of applications: from 19 April to 14 May
Announcement of application results: 31 May
Submission of appeal against results: from 30 May to 04 June
Enrolment: from 07 to 11 June
*1st phase remaining places, if any
- Annual fee for the taught component: 4,200.00€
- Non-taught component (dissertation), 1 year: 2,000.00€
- Extension of the non-taught component: 600.00€
- Students whose final average admission to this Master is equal to or higher than 17 points (on a scale 0-20) benefit from a 50% discount on the total amount of the tuition fee, which cannot be combined with other discounts;
- Students whose final average admission to this Master is equal to or higher than 16 points (on a scale 0-20) benefit from a 30% discount on the total amount of the tuition fee, which cannot be combined with other discounts;
- Three merit scholarships will be granted in the non-curricular semester (in either the master's or specialization area): one corresponding to the total of the tuition fee, which will be awarded to the best grade in the taught component, and the other two merit scholarships will be granted to the second and third best classifications, which will receive a reduction of 50% of the tuition fee. To assess the best classifications in the taught component, only the classifications obtained in the NOVA School of Law will be taken into account. This scholarship assumes the conclusion of the taught component is within the stipulated time limit.
ALUMNI DISCOUNT: 10%
FINANCIAL DISCOUNT: Students who choose to pay tuition fees in a single initial payment receive a 5% discount.
CURRENT PROTOCOL DISCOUNTS: Discount of 25%, which cannot be combined with other discounts, for members of:
- Association of Portuguese Judges and the Trade Union;
- Association of Public Prosecution Service Magistrates.
This course is taught after working hours.
Conditions of admittance
The Master in Law and Financial Markets presents itself as a tool for increasing the knowledge of who already holds a law degree, giving preference in admission to holders of a degree or equivalent in law.
The curricular component ( 1st and 2nd semesters) corresponds to 60 ECTS and consists of 12 courses, 10 of which are compulsory and 2 are optional. Students can choose to attend two of the four optional courses offered by the course or attend other courses that may be consistent with the objectives of this master with a reasoned proposal.
|1º ano - 1º Semestre|
|33159||Financial Instruments Law||4|
|33160||Financial Markets and Investments||6|
|33145||Regulation and Supervision of Financial Markets||4|
|1º ano - 2º Semestre|
|33163||Introduction to Data Analysis||6|
|33165||Introduction to Financial Derivatives and Risk Management||6|
|33162||Risk Management in Financial Contracts||4|
|33124||Economic Criminal Law||6|
|33114||International Commercial Law||6|