Information Technologies Services Management
The course's main objective is to present an overview of IT Service Management, strategically aligned to business needs, with a set of practices defined by ITIL 4 (Information Technology Infrastructure Library).
ITIL 4 brings ITIL up to date in 2019 by re-shaping much of the established ITSM practices in the wider context of customer experience, value streams, and digital transformation, as well as embracing new ways of working, such as Lean, Agile, and DevOps.
Through practical exercises, it will be possible to understand the importance of having internationally recognized integrated practices for the management of IT services and its application to real cases.
Additionally, this course prepares students for the international certification in "ITIL 4 Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management", recognized by the "United Kingdom Cabinet Office" as part of the "UK Government's portfolio of Best Management Practice".
Rui Manuel Gonçalves Soares
Weekly - Available soon
Total - Available soon
Portuguese. If there are Erasmus students, classes will be taught in English
Fluency in English.
- "ITIL® Foundation", ITIL 4 edition, AXELOS
- "ITIL® Foundation Essentials - ITIL 4 Edition - The ultimate revision guide", Claire Agutter, IT Governance Ltd
- Other materials provided by the teacher.
The curricular unit is based on theoretical and practical lessons. A variety of instructional strategies will be applied, including lectures, slide show demonstrations, questions, and answers. The sessions include presentation of concepts and methodologies, real cases, discussion, and interpretation of real work experiences. The practical component is geared towards solving problems regarding a complex and realistic case study, including discussion and interpretation of results. A set of work packages to be completed independently in extra-classroom context is proposed.
1st call: project (40%), test (50%), continuous appraisal (10%)
2nd call: project (40%), final exam (60%)
LU1 - Module 1: Course Introduction
LU2 - Module 2: Service Management: Key Concepts
LU3 - Module 3: The Guiding Principles
LU4 - Module 4: The Four Dimensions of Service Management
LU5 - Module 5: Service Value System
LU6 - Module 6: Continual Improvement
LU7 - Module 7: The ITIL Practices
Programs where the course is taught:
- Specialization in Information Analysis and Management
- Specialization in Risk Analysis and Management
- Especialização em Data Science for Marketing
- Especialização em Digital Marketing and Analytics
- Specialization in Knowledge Management and Business Intelligence
- Specialization in Information Systems and Technologies Management
- Especialização em Marketing Intelligence
- Specialization in Marketing Intelligence
- Especialização em Marketing Research e CRM
- Specialization in Marketing Research and CRM
- Laboral - Especialização em Digital Marketing and Analytics
- Specialization in Knowledge Management and Business Intelligence – Working Hours Format
- Specialization in Information Systems and Technologies Management - Working Hours Format
- Laboral - Especialização em Marketing Intelligence
- Specialization in Marketing Intelligence - Working Hours Format
- Mestrado em Data-Driven Marketing
- Post-Graduation in Information Analysis and Management
- Post-Graduation Risk Analysis and Management
- PostGraduate in Smart Cities
- PostGraduate in Data Science for Marketing
- PostGraduate in Digital Enterprise Management
- PostGraduate Digital Marketing and Analytics
- PostGraduate in Information Management and Business Intelligence in Healthcare
- Post-Graduation in Knowledge Management and Business Intelligence
- Post-Graduation Information Systems and Technologies Management
- PostGraduate in Marketing Intelligence
- PostGraduate Marketing Research e CRM
- PostGraduate in Enterprise Information Systems