The course aims to introduce students to the importance of managing Knowledge effectively in a contemporary Knowledge-based Economy, where knowledge and learning play fundamental roles in the successful evolution of organizations.
There are a number of reasons for the growth of interest in these topics, including:
- The effects of digital and other globalizing forces that are sweeping away many of the traditional sources of competitive advantage, such as location, superior technology and access to capital;
- The shift in industrial activity and the commensurate changes in occupational skills required;
- Need to manage the Knowledge residing in the brains of the workers is now the most powerful engine of economic performance and competitiveness; it is the source of innovation, best described as the application of knowledge to tasks and situations, in order to develop new products, processes and services.
Guilherme Hidalgo Barata Martins Victorino
Weekly - Available soon
Total - Available soon
Portuguese. If there are Erasmus students, classes will be taught in English
Marquardt, Michael J. (2011). Building the Learning Organization: Achieving Strategic Advantage through a Commitment to Learning, 3rd Edition. Nicholas Brealey Publishing.; Kilduff, M. & Tsai, W. (2003). Social networks and organizations. London: Sage. ; Malone, Thomas W. (2004). The Future of Work. Harvard Business School Press.; McAfee, Andrew (2009). Enterprise 2.0: New Collaborative Tools for Your Organization's Toughest Challenges. Harvard Business School Press.; Keyes, Jessica (2012). Enterprise 2.0: Social Netw
Theoretical and practical classes.
4 Problem Based Learning Challenges based on real life knowledge challenges in the Covid-19 era.
The curricular unit is going to be evaluated based on the following:
- 4 individual research assignments
- 4 group problem based learning challenges
- 3 Knowledge Management Quizzes covering theoretical concepts
Final grade calculation:
4 individual assignments (20%), 4 group feedback grids (40%), Quizzes (40%)
Problem Based Learning Challenges are mandatory in this course.
The overall grade of the quizzes will be based on the 2 best grades (out of 3).
Minimum grade of 8 in the quizzes.
Individual Analysis of the Knowledge Management Challenges (40%), Exam (60%)
All marks and grades, whether partial or final, will be posted on Netp@ and will not be communicated by any other means. If you cannot access to your grades on Netp@, please contact the Academic Services.
- Course presentation Worksheets & KM context
- Fundamentals of Knowledge Management
- Introducing knowledge work: processes, purposes and contexts
- Knowledge Management Interventions (Problem Based Learning Scenarios)
- Collective Intelligence and the knowledge-based enterprise
- Seminars with Guest Speakers
- Capture your Learnings and Social Network Analysis - Presentations
Programs where the course is taught:
- Specialization in Information Analysis and Management
- Specialization in Risk Analysis and Management
- Especialização em Data Science for Marketing
- Especialização em Digital Marketing and Analytics
- Specialization in Knowledge Management and Business Intelligence
- Specialization in Information Systems and Technologies Management
- Especialização em Marketing Intelligence
- Specialization in Marketing Intelligence
- Especialização em Marketing Research e CRM
- Specialization in Marketing Research and CRM
- Laboral - Especialização em Digital Marketing and Analytics
- Specialization in Knowledge Management and Business Intelligence – Working Hours Format
- Specialization in Information Systems and Technologies Management - Working Hours Format
- Laboral - Especialização em Marketing Intelligence
- Specialization in Marketing Intelligence - Working Hours Format
- Mestrado em Data-Driven Marketing
- Post-Graduation in Information Analysis and Management
- Post-Graduation Risk Analysis and Management
- PostGraduate in Smart Cities
- PostGraduate in Data Science for Marketing
- PostGraduate in Digital Enterprise Management
- PostGraduate Digital Marketing and Analytics
- PostGraduate in Information Management and Business Intelligence in Healthcare
- Post-Graduation in Knowledge Management and Business Intelligence
- Post-Graduation Information Systems and Technologies Management
- PostGraduate in Marketing Intelligence
- PostGraduate Marketing Research e CRM
- PostGraduate in Enterprise Information Systems