Bachelor's in Economics
1. A solid knowledge and ability to understand the principles of Economics and their application.
2. Personal skills such as communication skills, ability to work individually and in teams, use of computing techniques including research, processing and data presentation.
3. Analytical skills and critical thinking capacities allowing them to build and communicate their own argument.
4. A general education in Management and other related disciplines in the areas of Law, Quantitative Methods and Social Sciences, so that they can analyze and develop solutions and emit judgments, taking into account a variety of scientific, social and ethical aspects.
5. An education which enables them to communicate information, ideas, problems and solutions to diversified audiences.
6. Personal skills that allow for a life-long learning experience in a fundamentally autonomous manner.
For more informations please visit>> Website Nova SBE
Bachelor (1st Cycle)
Access to other programs
Special Applications: Transfers & Changes Competition, Re-entry Competition, Over 23 Competition, Degree holders Competition,
Holders of Specially Suited Tests Designed to Assess The Ability to Attend Higher Education for People over 23 Years of Age
The assessment tests for the frequency of higher education by those over 23 years of age aim to provide access to higher education for those who show competences to attend a 1st cycle course.
If you have completed 23 years until 31 December of the year preceding the tests and do not have access to a certain course of 1st cycle, you can enroll in the Nova SBE, to take the test and obtain that qualification.
This competition may apply for those who have passed the specially appropriate test to assess the capacity for higher education.
for more information please visit>> aqui
Prof. Ana Balcão Reis
Portuguese / English
The Degrees in Economics and Management are structured in semesters. Each subject/chair corresponds to a number of ECTS (European Credit Transfer System) credits. When the course is successfully attended, the student is assigned the corresponding number of ECTS.
All subjects last every six months.
For the granting of the Bachelor's degree, registration is mandatory in at least six school semesters and the rules contained in the following points are respected:
(a) obtaining a total number of credits between a 180 ECTS (minimum) and 195 ECTS (maximum);
b) Frequency with use or dispensation to all Mandatory Chairs.
c) Meeting the Internationalization Requirement.
d) Obtaining 22.5 ECTS from elective subjects, where 15 ECTS must be from the course area
e) Frequency with use or dispensation of the Excel Specialist module (mandatory requirement)
Conditions of admittance