• Analyze, develop and apply the main management topics of a course in Operations Management.
• Apply the main tools of OR at the (a) strategic level, (b) analysis and design levels; (c) development, plan and control levels; (d) improvement level.
Ana Sofia Costa
Weekly - Available soon
Total - Available soon
Portuguese and English
- 1200. Principles of Management
• Operations Management – Slack, Brandon-Jones, and Johnston, Prentice-Hall, 8th Edition, 2016.
• Operations Management and Supply Chain Management – Jacobs and Chase, McGraw-Hill, 15th Ed., 2018.
Lectures will be composed of:
• Concepts: exploring, discussing and applying
• Small Cases and Exercises: exploring, discussing and applying
• Group works
• 60% Final Individual Exam (minimum grade = 8,5)
• 40% allocated to Group Work carried in class (20% to work report + 20% to work presentation)
• Resit exam: 100%
Part I_ Strategic Level
• Introduction to Operations Management
• Operations Strategy
Part II_ Analysis and Design Levels
• Process Design and Analysis
• Layout and Flow
Part III_ Development, Planning and Control Levels
• Inventory planning and control
• Materials planning and control
• Lean operations and JIT
• Capacity planning and control
• Quality planning and control
• Supply Chain Management
Part IV_Operations Improvement
• Operations improvement
• Operations challenge
Programs where the course is taught: