Master in Portuguese Teaching in the 3rd Cycle of Basic School and in Secondary School
- To know the guidelines of national educational policy and the methodologies of educational research;
- To apply pedagogical, didactic and methodological knowledge to curricula and pedagogical practices;
- To adjust pedagogical and didactic practices to different specific subjects, educational levels, students and school environments;
- To apply scientific, cultural, pedagogical and didactic knowledge to teaching-learning activities, according to curricular and programmatic objectives, to the students and school environments specificities;
- To reflect on ethical, social and cultural implications, concerning teaching activity within contemporary world, national educational policy and training for active citizenship;
- To develop learning and research abilities available for life-long learning, training and professional development.
Master (2nd Cycle)
Access to other programs
Access to the cycle of studies which leads to a Doctorate Degree. For the specific access conditions, consult the regulations governing the doctoral programmes at NOVA FCSH.
Helena Virgínia Topa Valentim
Length: 2 years / 4 semesters. Total credits: 120 credits (70 in course units of the study programme + 50 in the non-taught component).
To obtain the masters degree, the student must realize in accordance with Decree-Law 79/2014, 14th May, an introduction to professional practice which are assigned 50 credits (45 ECTS match Supervised Teaching Practice and 5 ECTS to the Seminar of Supervised Teaching Practice).
The degree of mestre corresponds to the level 7 of the NQF and EQF-National Qualifications Framework/European Qualifications Framework.
a) Know the guidelines of the national educational policy and
its generic evolution;
b) Develop the ability to adapt pedagogical practices
and didactic to the specificity of the disciplinary area, teaching levels, students and school environments;
c) Mobilize and apply scientific, cultural, pedagogical and didactic knowledge in the development of collaborative teaching-learning activities appropriate to curricular documents, but also
to the specificities of students and school environments;
d) Deepen scientific, technological, ethical and cultural knowledge and apply it in teaching practice;
e) Build didactic-pedagogical instruments that allow a
skills development and the proper application of knowledge;
f) Enable the reasoning of judgments and didactic-pedagogical options
that take into account relevant social, scientific and ethical aspects
for teaching Portuguese in the 3rd cycle of basic education and
in secondary education.
Conditions of admittance
Application and access conditions to the cycle of studies reflect the conditions established in the national legislation, namely: -to hold a licenciado degree or legal equivalent; -to hold a foreign academic degree recognized by the Scientific Council of NOVA FCSH; -to hold an academic, scientific or professional curriculum vitae recognized by the Scientific Council of NOVA FCSH; -to hold, at least, 120 credits in Portuguese. Applicants will be selected and ranked according to the criteria annually defined in the application edict.
1) No obligatory precedences for attending the programs courses. 2) Knowledge evalutation in the courses is individual and takes place at the end of each semester. The following tools will be considered: final oral and/or written assignments, papers or other assessment tools, in conditions to be agreed upon with each lecturer. The result of the evaluation is expressed in a mark from 0 to 20. 3) Approval in a course requires a final grade equal to or above 10. 4) Only those students who have obtained 60 ECTs on the scholar component of the program can proceed to the Supervised Teaching Practice. 5) For the evaluation of the Supervised Teaching Practice, please consult FCSH/NOVAs relevant regulations.
|Elective options 1|
|722171259||Education Curriculum and Multiculturalism||5.0|
|722171258||Education Systems and School Cultures||5.0||Mandatory ECTS number: 15|
|Elective options 2|
|722131101||Language Acquisition and Language Impairment||10.0|
|722091123||Portuguese Literary Canon||10.0|
|722131102||Language Development in Multilingual Contexts||10.0|
|722131084||Portuguese Grammar and Teaching||10.0|
|722091158||Classical Matrices in Portuguese Culture||10.0|
|722091124||Portuguese Culture Themes||10.0|
|722091126||Topics on Lusophone Literatures||10.0|
|722131077||Text Theory||10.0||Mandatory ECTS number: 20|
|722160036||Teaching of Literature in Portuguese||5.0|
|722160033||Portuguese Didactics I||10.0|
|722160035||Portuguese Didactics II||5.0|
|02108270||Inclusão e Diversidade na Sala de Aula||5.0|
|722131097||Specific Methodologies for Second Language Teaching||10.0|