Data Analisys - Qualitative and mixed methods
At the end of the curricular unit students will be able to:
1) Recognize key techniques for qualitative data collection;
2) Describe the main types of content analysis;
3) Identify the procedures / steps in performing content analysis with computer programs and their advantages and limitations;
4) Identify and adopt content analysis software adapted to different types of qualitative research;
5) Plan, execute and report the results of a thematic content analysis in the MAXQDA program;
6) Perform qualitative analyzes articulated with qualitative analyzes based on the analysis of clusters and multiple correspondences.
Sílvia Maria Cândido de Almeida
Weekly - 3
Total - 280
Bardin, Laurence (2004). Análise de Conteúdo. Coimbra: Edições 70.
Bertaux, Daniel (2010). Le récit de vie: perspective ethnosociologique (3e edition). Paris: Armand Colin.
Denzin, N.K., & Lincoln, Y.S. (2000). Handbook of Qualitative Research. London: Sage.
Foddy, William (1996). Como perguntar. Teoria e prática da construção de perguntas em entrevistas e questionários. Oeiras: Celta Editora.
Ghiglione, R. & Matalon, B. (1992). O inquérito. Teoria e prática. Lisboa: Celta Editora.
Kuckartz, Udo (2014). Qualitative text analysis: a guide to methods, practice and using software. Los Angeles: Sage.
Lewins, A. & Silver, C. (2007). Using Software in Qualitative Research. A Step-by-Step Guide. Los Angeles: Sage.
Matthew, B. M., Huberman, A. M. & Saldaña, J. (2014). Qualitative data analysis: a methods sourcebook (3r edition). London: Sage.
Silverman, D. (2006). Interpreting qualitative data. London: Sage.
The combination of several teaching methods, namely the expository, demonstrative, interrogative and active, is favored.
1. Qualitative analysis and Qualitative data collection techniques
1.1. Qualitative Analysis: diversity of Perspectives and Methodologies
1.2 Data collection techniques: observation, interview and questionnaire
1.2.1 Methodology of the interview: types of interviews. Initiation to the construction of interview scripts
1.2.2 Focus group interview and its specificities
1.2.3 Biographical method: elaboration and analysis
1.2.4 Forms of administration. Construction of online questionnaires.
2. Content Analysis Techniques and CAQDAS
2.1. Different types: content analysis and discourse analysis
2.2 Content Analysis and CAQDAS: types of Programs
2.3 Introduction to MAXQDA
2.3.1 Construction of the database in MAXQDA
2.3.2 Validation, outputs, analysis and reporting of results
3. Mixed Methods
3.1 What are mixed search designs?
3 .2 Cluster analysis as a sample construction method
3.3 Analysis of multiple correspondences for characterization of profiles under analysis
Programs where the course is taught: