Business Process Modelling
- Know how to model business processes through Business Process Modeling Notation (BPMN);
- Know the main tools of information modeling;
- Know how to model data;
- Develop a relational database;
- Know tools for gathering information systems requirements
Aneesh Zutshi, António Carlos Bárbara Grilo
Weekly - 3
Total - 42
Knowledge about Informations Systems
Database Systems: A Practical Approach to Design, Implementation and Management (2004), Fourth Edition,
Thomas Connolly and Carolyn Begg, Addison Wesley; ISBN-10: 9780321210258
Relevant papers about the various topics of the programme.
The teaching method is based on the following principles:
· Oral presentation by the teacher;
· Performing group work;
· Presentation and discussion of group work;
· Assessment of knowledge and individual performance.
The final evaluation will be based on the performance during the semester:
- Assignment 1 on Software Requirements Specification : 50% (Presentation 60%, SRS Report 40%)
- Assignment 2 on Database Implementation(Access and Web PHP-MySQL) : 50% (Presentation 50%, Software Demonstration 50%)
Final grade = 50% Assignment 1 + 50% Assignment 2
Approval occurs if Final Mark is equal or greater than 9.5 points.
- Business Process Modeling Notation (BPMN);
- Unified Modeling Language;
- Class Diagram;
- Sequence Diagram;
- Relational Model;
- Tables and Databases modeling;
- Database set-up;
- Standard Query Language (SQL)
- Information Systems Requirements.
Programs where the course is taught: