Interdisciplinary Seminar on Innovation in Education
- To know the latest policy guidelines and international studies on the organization of educational systems and about the processes of teaching and learning
- To understand the possibilities for innovation in education at the macro (system), meso (school and territories) and micro (classroom and learning environments
- To be able to identify and plan models and innovative practices in their professional contexts
João José de Carvalho Correia de Freitas
Weekly - Available soon
Total - 28
No specific pre-requirements
AAVV. (2002). Espaços de Educação, tempos de formação. Lisboa: Fundação Calouste Gulbenkian, 2002.
Andreas SCHLEICHER (ed.) (2012). Preparing teaahers and developing school leaders for the 21st century. Paris: OCDE publishing.
António NÓVOA (2009). Professores: Imagens do Futuro Presente.Lisboa: edições EDUCA.
Eurydice (2007). Autonomia das escolas na Europa. Políticas e medidas. Lisboa: Unidade Europeia da Rede Eurydice.
Gert BIESTA (2010). Good Education in an Age of Measurement: Ethics, Politics, Democracy. Boulder, CO: Paradigm Publishers.
Jan MASSCHELEIN; Marten SIMONS (2013). Em defesa da escola. Uma questão pública. Belo Horizonte: Ed. Autêntica.
Lima, L., Pacheco J., Esteves M. & Canário R. (2006). A Educação em Portugal (1986- 2006). Alguns contributos de investigação. Lisboa: CNE.
Paulo SANTIAGO, Graham DONALDSON, Anne LOONEY, Debora NUSCHE (eds.). (2012).
OCDE Reviews of Evaluation and Assessment in Education: Portugal. Paris: OCDE publishing.
The curricular unit will run with weekly conferences, followed by a debate with the prior reading and forum online. It is required to participate in at least 4/5 of the conference.
The assessment of students will be continuous and will take into account the attendance and participation in conferences, as well as the preparation by each student of a paper (maximum of 15,000 characters, including spaces) on the subject of one or more conferences to an audience properly identified (eg, newspaper like "página da educação " or an opinion text for a weekly or daily newspaper).
Alternatively, a digital learning portfolio can be prepared and presented
1 - The organization of educational systems:
1.1 innovative perspectives in the studies and recommendations of international organizations (such as OECD, UNESCO,….)
1.2 Recent national policy guidelines
2 - Schools and territories:
2.1 models and innovative practices
2.2 educational potentialities of local institutions (cultural, artistic, scientific, social, professional, ...)
3 - The classrooms and learning environments:
3.1 National and international recommendations on teaching-learning
3.2 models and innovative practices
Programs where the course is taught:
- Additional Physics for Teaching Specialization
- Geology Complements for Education
- Environmental Education and Sustainability Specialization
- e-Learning and Information and Communication Technologies in Education
- History and Philosophy of Science and Technology Specialization
- Technology in Science,Technology,Engineering and Mathematics Education