PostGraduate in Financial Markets and Risks
Resulting from a partnership between NOVA Information Management School and ISCTE Executive Education, the Postgraduate Program of Financial Markets and Risks combines a prestigious teaching staff, that aligns knowledge and scientific rigor with practical experience, current and innovative contents with a strong applied component, in a structured program providing staff at financial sectors a specialized training in the creation, analysis and assessment of financial instruments, with a particular focus on derivatives, and the identification and implementation of integrated technical analysis and management of assets, liabilities and financial risks.
The main goals of this program are:
- Analysis and detailed assessment of the main financial products and instruments, with particular focus on derivatives;
- Identification and development of integrated technical analysis and management of several financial risks, whether in terms of their coverage, and conduct of speculation and arbitrage transactions;
- Development of analytical skills and decision in management of assets and liabilities, particularly in management of investment portfolio, treasury, pension funds and management of investment funds;
- Development of techniques and processes for financial innovation, notably the development and evaluation of new products, asset classes and operations
To complete the application, the applicant must register in ISCTE Executive Education website, fill the form, upload their Curriculum Vitae, pay the application fee (€ 51), and submit the application in the end from April 20th to May 26th, 2022. The selection process is based on the analysis of the applicant's academic and professional curriculum.
Access to other programs
This Postgraduate Program gives access to the Master degree program in Statistics and Information Management, with a specialization in Risk Analysis and Management, upon the development and presentation of a thesis, work project or final report of a professional internship, and the approval of the course units:
- Research Methodologies
- Solvency Models or Banking and Insurance Operations.
The Master degree program in Statistics and Information Management, with a specialization in Risk Analysis and Management, is ranked as the best Master degree program in Insurance in Portugal, the 2nd best in Europe and in the World by Eduniversal - international agency that publishes an annual ranking of the best MBA and Master's degrees in the world.
Jorge Miguel Ventura Bravo
After Working Hours
To earn the postgraduate program diploma in Financial Markets and Risks, students complete a total of 60 ECTS, corresponding to 12 course units.
Conditions of admittance
The requirements for the applications are: a degree in a compatible field (complete until September); analysis of the applicants' academic and professional curriculum.
|1º year - Autumn semester|
|400143||Data Science For Finance||4.5|
|400056||Foreign Exchange and Money Markets||3.0|
|1º year - Spring semester|
|400063||Asset and Liability Management||7.5|
|400145||Longevity-Linked Securities & Derivatives||7.5|
|400062||Financial Options and Structured Products||7.5|
|400146||Ethics in Financial Markets Seminar||0.0|