Teaching German FL Methodology II
- To use and to exploit different approaches and methodologies in teaching a FL.
- To develop linguistic and cultural competences from an intercultural perspective.
- To develop the production and use of materials and the design of tasks aiming at a reflective and critical analysis.
- To develop a critical understanding of foreign language education and intercultural communication.
Maria Celeste de Sousa Machado
Weekly - Available soon
Total - 140
Afonso, Clarisse Costa (2003) «Competência Intercultural: Conteúdos Culturais na Aquisição da Língua Estrangeira e sua Integração Didáctica no Ensino do Alemão». Tese de doutoramento policopiada. In: http://hdl.handle.net/10362/2602
Heringer, Hans Jürgen (2007) Interkulturelle Kommunikation. 2. Aufl. Tübingen:A.Francke.
Meyer, Hilbert (1980) Leitfaden zur Unterrichtsvorbereitung. 3, Aufl. Königstein/Ts.: Scriptor.
Storch, Günther (2001) Deutsch als Fremdsprache Eine Didaktik. 2. Aufl. München: Fink.
Ziebell, Barbara (2012) Unterrichtsbeobachtung und kollegiale Beratung. Berlin, München:Langenscheidt.
The course will combine theoretical and practical sessions, including presentation, demonstration, practical activities, group discussion and reflection on the topics studied, including the view of teaching classes in video. Priority is given to the practical implementation of theory, interaction and active participation of the students, working individually and in groups.
Assessment methods - Final essay or written test(40%), Small individual assignments throughout the semester and a regular contribution during classes(60%)
- Analysis and debate of several models of class observation with practical application in attended classes.
- The components of intercultural competence.
- Intercultural communicative approach to TGFL.
- Strategies to develop productive and reproductive skills mainly reading comprehension.
- Interactive practice activities.
- Principles of planning.
- Critical analysis of textbook suggestions to deal with language-and-culture.
- Critical analysis of examples of teaching practice.
Programs where the course is taught: