Financial Markets and Investments
Jorge Bravo (IMS)
Semanais - 3
Totais - A disponibilizar brevemente
Idioma de ensino
A disponibilizar brevemente
Bodie, Z., Kane, A. and Marcus, A. (2017). Investments, 11th Edition. McGraw-Hill.
Hull, J. (2016). Fundamentals of Futures and Options Markets (9th Edition). Prentice Hall
BVLP (2001), Investir em Bolsa: Funcionamento e Instrumentos do Mercados à Vista, IMC
Cuthbertson, K. e Nitzsche, D. (2007), Investments, Spot and Derivative Markets, Wiley.
Damodaran Aswath (2012), Investment Valuation: Tools and Techniques for Determining the Value of Any Asset, 3rd Edition.
Elton, E. e Gruber, M. (2014), Modern Portfolio Theory and Investment Analysis, 9th Edition, John Wiley & Sons, New York.
Mota, P. R., Alves, C., Fernandes, A. e Rocha, M. (2015). Mercados, Produtos e Valorimetria de Ativos Financeiros, 2ª Edição, Almedina.
Método de ensino
Expositional and Questioning Method, Case Study analysis; problem solving activities; active learning;
Método de avaliação
– Individual final exam (50%; minimum score 8/20).
– Individual/group projects (50%).
1. Markets, financial instruments and institutions: Financial System; Segmentation of financial markets; Trading of Financial Instruments: Public Offerings, Trading Systems, Participants
2. Portfolio Choice: Risk and return of an asset / portfolio; diversification; Markowitz Efficient Frontier; Decision-making under uncertainty; Selecting optimal portfolios
3. Equilibrium models in financial markets: Market Index Model; CAPM; APT theory; Efficiency of financial markets
4. Analysis and evaluation of financial investments
4.1.Bonds and other debt securities: modalities and characteristics; yield curve; pricing; measures of return / risk, rating; interest rate risk hedging and immunization strategies
4.2.Stocks: Typology, Fundamental and Technical Analysis; Discounted cash flow models; Market Multiples; Capital Increases and Evaluation of Rights