Banca, Seguros e Longevity - Linked Securities
Jorge Miguel Ventura Bravo
Semanais - A disponibilizar brevemente
Totais - A disponibilizar brevemente
Idioma de ensino
Português. No caso de existirem alunos de Erasmus, as aulas serão leccionadas em Inglês
- Risk Management in Banking: Business model and balance sheet risks, Financial Statements, Profitability and efficiency analysis, ROE decomposition; Performance Analysis; Credit risk management in Banking: Credit Scoring & statistical learning methods; Option based models & KMV model; Ratings based models and Implied Default Probability
- Financial Management in Insurance companies; Insurance business model; Financial Statements, Profitability and solvency analysis
- Longevity-Linked Securities
- Identifying and quantifying mortality and longevity risks
- Determinist and stochastic mortality forecasting models; prospective life tables
- Longevity & mortality Indices: LifeMetrics (JP Morgan), XPECT ? CLUB VITA (Deutsche Bourse)
- Longevity & Mortality Bonds: contract structure, issuers, market structure; Valuation; Market price of longevity risk: Wang transform & Sharpe Ratio
- Mortality & Longevity Forwards: Q-Forwards, S-Forwards
- Longevity Swaps: Capital markets longevity swap; Insurance based longevity risk transfer (indemnification)
- Longevity Options: Floors & Caps; Survivors Swaptions; Pricing
- Structured contracts
Bessis, J. (2015). Risk Management in Banking, 5th Edition. John Wiley & Sons.
Bhuyan, V. (2009). Life Markets Trading Mortality and Longevity Risk with Life Settlements and Linked Securities
McWilliam, E. (2011). Longevity Risk. Risk Books.
Olivieri, A. and Pitacco, E. (2015). Introduction to Insurance Mathematics: Technical and Financial Features of Risk Transfers, 2nd Edition. Springer.
Pitacco, E., Denuit, M., Haberman, S., Olivieri, A. (2009). Modelling Longevity Dynamics for Pensions and Annuity Business. Oxford University Press.
Handouts, articles and case studies provided by the instructor.
Método de ensino
The final grade for exams 1 & 2 is computed as follows:
- Final exam:
- The exam is closed-book and closed-notes. However, you may use a two-sided A4 formula sheet and a pocket calculator.
- minimum grade of 8/20
- Cases and Problem sets:
Método de avaliação
- Expositional and Questioning Method Active Methods and Case Studies
- Investigation projects and practical applications.
- Knowledge development and learning capability.
Cursos onde a unidade curricular é leccionada: