Business Process Management
Business processes are a core asset of corporations as they directly impact the products and services success and perceived value. Business processes set tasks, roles and responsibilities thus shaping every employee¿s functions. This course aims at developing knowledge and skills related to business process management. It is an introduction and overview of BPM. The concepts, fundamentals, methods, and strategies required for managing holistic end-to-end business processes are introduced. It focuses on the application of conceptual methods and software tools to design, analyze, transform, monitor, and control business processes and improve their performance using information technology in organization from private and public sector.
Frederico Miguel Campos Cruz Ribeiro de Jesus
Semanais - A disponibilizar brevemente
Totais - A disponibilizar brevemente
Idioma de ensino
Português. No caso de existirem alunos de Erasmus, as aulas serão leccionadas em Inglês
- Dumas, M., Rosa, M. L., Mendling, J., & Reijers, H. A. (2013). Fundamentals of Business Process Management. Springer Berlin Heidelberg;
- Dumas, M., Rosa, M. L., Mendling, J., & Reijers, H. A. (2018). Fundamentals of Business Process Management 2nd Edition. Springer Berlin Heidelberg;
- Wil van der Aalst (2016). Process Mining: Data Science in Action 2nd Edition. Springer Berlin Heidelberg;
- Michael Glykas (Ed.) (2013). Business Process Management: Theory and Applications. Springer Berlin Heidelberg;
- vom Brocke, J., & Mending, J. (Ed.) (2018). Business Process Management Cases: Digital Innovation and Business Transformation in Practice. Springer Berlin Heidelberg.
Método de ensino
The curricular unit is based on mix of theoretical lectures and practical classes. Each session will introduce new concepts and methodologies, as well as the applications of the learnt concepts using different computational tools. Different learning strategies will be used, such as lectures, slide show demonstrations, step-by-step tutorials on how to approach practical examples, questions, and answers.
The practical component is focused in exploring the different computational tools by the students, including a discussion on the best approach under different scenarios.
Método de avaliação
1st Term: Participation (7.5% x 2) + Exam* (45%) + Group Project+* (40%)
2nd Term: Exam* (60%) + Group Project+* (40%)
- Minimum grade for exam and group project is eight out of 20 points.
+ The projects¿ reports must be delivered on November 1st (part 1) and December 13th (part 2), both at 11:59pm. Each group must present, individually, their project (10min for presentation + 5 for discussion with lecturers). These presentations will take place on December 14th (afternoon) and December 15th (morning) and will be scheduled as ¿first in, first served¿.
- Introduction to Business Process Management
- Processes Everywhere
- What is a Business Process?
- Historic Perspective of BPM
- The BPM Lifecycle
- Process Identification
- Focusing on Key Processes
- Designing a Process Architecture
- Process Modeling
- Introduction to BPMN
- Branching and Merging
- Information Artifacts
- Advanced Process Modeling
- Process Discovery
- The Setting of Process Discovery
- Discovery Methods
- Process Modeling Method
- Process Model Quality Assurance
- Qualitative Process Analysis
- Value Added Analysis
- Waste Analysis
- Quantitative Process Analysis
- Flow Analysis
- Queue Analysis
- Process Redesign
- Process Reengineering
- Heuristics¿ Process Redesign
- Process Mining
- Introduction to Process Mining
- Process Mining Techniques
- Business Impact
- Process Redesign
Cursos onde a unidade curricular é leccionada: