Análise de Dados
- Knowledge and understanding of main techniques for Multivariate Data Analysis.
- Presentation of numerous applications where univariate, bivariate and multivariate analysis associated to data with quantitative variables or qualitative variables, or both, are developed.
- Use of MS Excel and SAS for statistical multivariate real data treatment.
Frederico Miguel Campos Cruz Ribeiro de Jesus
Semanais - A disponibilizar brevemente
Totais - A disponibilizar brevemente
Idioma de ensino
Português. No caso de existirem alunos de Erasmus, as aulas serão leccionadas em Inglês
- Sharma, S. (1996). Applied Multivariate Techniques. New York, John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Hair, J. F. (2010). Multivariate Data Analysis, Prentice Hall.
- Reis, E. (2001). Estatística Multivariada Aplicada, Edições Silabo.
- Branco, João, (2004) ¿ Uma Introdução à análise de clusters, Ed. Sociedade Portuguesa de Estatística
- Course´s slides.
Método de ensino
The curricular unit is based on mix of theoretical lectures and practical classes. Each session will introduce new concepts and methodologies, as well as the applications of the learnt concepts using different computational tools. Different learning strategies will be used, such as lectures, slide show demonstrations, step-by-step tutorials on how to approach practical examples, questions, and answers.
The practical component is focused in exploring the different computational tools by the students, including a discussion on the best approach under different scenarios.
Método de avaliação
1st Term: 1st Test (20%) + 2nd Test (35%) + Group Project (35%) + Participation (10%)
2nd Term: 2nd term Exam (60%) + Group Project (40%)
- 1st test purposed for October 17th at 11am (online); 2nd test in 1st term exam date.
- Students are strongly encouraged to follow the 1st term assessment;
- Project¿s presentations will take place on December 16th (09h30m ¿ 18h30m in 3 slots); Groups need to have exactly 4 members.
- Minimum grade for tests/exam and group project is eight out of 20 points.
Cursos onde a unidade curricular é leccionada: